As the year draws to a close, I wanted to express my thanks and appreciation to you the Forgotten Gents and Women We Love who follow this journal. It is really your support of this site that keeps it going. In 2011, we achieved some major milestones:
- We generated 260 posts in all of 2011. That means we posted something new every day, excluding weekends. We used our weekends to think of new posts to bring you.
- We were twice Freshly Pressed by WordPress for the Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta and for the Kustom Kills Hot Rod Thrills posts. We think there should have been recognition for the “Maybach, We Bid you Adieu” post. That was a pretty sad moment for the automotive world, and it was some of the realest sh.. we ever wrote.
- We drew recognition around various points on the Web for our A Conversation On Cool post, including two video features and a PowerPoint presentation
- Forgotten Gent turned one year old in November (We didn’t announce our one year anniversary because we recognize that we have a lot more work to do.)
- We raised the visibility of our brand across the Interweb’s Search and Social channels
Though we have garnered our share of attention, we recognize that our work is only beginning. We at Forgotten Gent have been hard at work on ideas and strategies to evolve the site and engage our audience. Not only are we going to continue to bring you the content that you enjoy, we are going to bring original and unique content, presented in a context that cannot be replicated anywhere else.
We also have a number of other great things in store for 2012 that we cannot share for confidential reasons. Rest assured, this is all being done with you in mind. So, continue to check in here as you have, and keep an eye out for the many great changes.
Finally, please keep in mind that this site exists to serve its audience. We welcome your feedback about everything we do here, so don’t hesitate to let us know how we’re doing and what we can do better.
We have assembled the collage at the top of this post as a token of our appreciation. Please feel free to use it as your desktop wallpaper and share it with your friends. Again, a big thank you for your support. Cheers to a great 2011, and to an even greater 2012.